Private tour: Daily
Explore the colorful "10 de Agosto" Food Market and learn about the local organic products.
Take a cooking class with a local family and learn about the local cuisine and culture.
The Ecuadorian cuisine and it's many different flavors and mix of ingredients is the main reason we have opted to offer you a great learning experience. Although its gastronomy is considered to be one of the most forgotten of South America the country has nothing to envy Peru which one of the most recognized cuisines in the world.
Our first duty is to visit the "10 de Agosto" local market to handpick the ingredients that will be needed for our lunch. There's nothing better than handpicking ingredients which are commercialized by the local farmers and vendors of the region. This will give an added flavor to our home-cooked meal! We will now proceed to visit a welcoming local family that will invite us to their kitchen where we will begin our class. The chef will lead you to step by step into making our meal into perfection. Whether it's a “Locro de papas” a “Seco de pollo” or any of the options we have, you will have the chance to learn about the local dishes and culture.
1. Locro de papas, a soup made with potatoes, cheese and avocado.
2. Quinoa Soup, made with quinoa, cheese, milk, onions, garlic.
3. Empanadas de viento, fried cheese empanadas until crispy and served sprinkled with sugar.
1. Seco de pollo, chicken slowly stew cooking in a sauce of onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, herbs, and spices. Served with rice, some fried plantain, and salad.
2. Fritada, fried until crisp cubes of pork served with Llapingachos (grilled mashed potatoes), corn and salad.
3. Menestra, prepared by stew cooking the beans with onion, pepper, tomato, garlic, cumin, and cilantro. Its served with roast meat rice, avocado, fried ripe bananas, and salad.
4. Vegetarian and Vegan options available under request.
If you have any special menu request feel free to let us know.
Departure point: Hotels or Airbnb pick-ups
Departure time: 10:30 am
Duration: Approximately 3 hours
Licensed tour guide English/Spanish
Cooking class with a local family
Not included: tips (optional), extras.
Prices (Per person)
Related Tours (combine it with)
15 % off
Selected departures only