Prices (USD per person)
Private tour: Daily
Shared tour: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Embark on a journey to discover the vibrant and colorful "10 de Agosto" Food Market.
Unlock the secrets of Ecuadorian cuisine and immerse yourself in a local cooking class with a welcoming family.
Learn about the local fruits, vegetables, and herbs thet make up the heart of the Cuenca cuisine.
Are you ready for a mouth-watering experience that will take you on a journey through the colorful and delicious world of Ecuadorian cuisine? Prepare your taste buds for an adventure like no other! Although Ecuadorian gastronomy is often overlooked in South America, it's a hidden gem that rivals even the most famous cuisines in the world.
To kick off our culinary journey, we'll take a trip to the "10 de Agosto" local market, where we'll handpick the freshest and most flavorful ingredients straight from the local farmers and vendors. There's something truly special about selecting ingredients from the source and bringing that farm-to-table experience to our own kitchen.
Our next stop is to visit a warm and welcoming local family, who will be our hosts and guides for the day. Once we step into their kitchen, the magic begins! A skilled and experienced chef will lead us through every step of the cooking process, sharing their expertise and local knowledge along the way. Whether we're making the beloved potato soup "Locro de papas", the very tradictional chicken stew "Seco de Pollo," or any of the other options available, you'll have the chance to learn about the rich history and cultural significance of each dish.
Get ready to experience the vibrant flavors, tantalizing aromas, and warm hospitality that Ecuadorian cuisine has to offer. This is a journey for the senses that you won't want to miss!
1. Locro de papas, a soup made with potatoes, cheese and avocado.
2. Quinoa Soup, made with quinoa, cheese, milk, onions, garlic.
3. Empanadas de Viento, fried cheese empanadas until crispy and served sprinkled with sugar.
1. Seco de Pollo, chicken slowly stew cooking in a sauce of onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, herbs, and spices. Served with rice, some fried plantain, and salad.
2. Fritada, fried until crisp cubes of pork served with Llapingachos (grilled mashed potatoes), corn and salad.
3. Menestra, prepared by stew cooking the beans with onion, pepper, tomato, garlic, cumin, and cilantro. Its served with roast meat rice, avocado, fried ripe bananas, and salad.
4. Vegetarian and Vegan options available under request.
If you have any special menu request feel free to let us know.
Departure point: Hotels or Airbnb pick-ups
Departure time: 10:30 am
Duration: Approximately 3 hours
Licensed tour guide in English/Spanish
Cooking class with a local family
All ingredients for the cooking class
- You can cancel up to 24 hours before your experience for a full refund.
- Changes made less than 24 hours before the experience will be subject to availability.
- This experience requires a minimum of 2 travelers. If conditions are not met, we reserve the right to cancel and we will offer you an alternative date/experience or a full refund.
Related Tours (combine it with)