Departure point: Hotel and Airbnb pick-up
Departure time: 8:30 am (Private tours flexible)
Licensed tour guide in English/Spanish
Not included: Private tours are all-inclusive but shared tours do not include: drinks, tips (optional), tickets $ 2 each, travel insurance (Available for an extra cost).
Free cancellation: up to 24 hours in advance
Ingapirca Ruins tour
Private tour: Daily Wed to Sun Duration: 7.5 hours (approx) Offered in: English / Spanish
Shared tour: Wed, Fri, Sun
Visit the largest archaeological Inca site in Ecuador and the only elliptical temple of the Inca empire.
Enjoy the beauty of the Ecuadorian Andes while driving through the fertile farm landscape of the countryside.
On Sunday visit the local Cañar Market and immerse yourself in the traditions of the indigenous tribe.
See how the famous Panama Hats are woven.
Ingapirca is Ecuador’s major Inca archeological site. Sun worshippers built this fortress temple in Cañar Valley in the 15th century. It is located approximately 50 miles northeast of Cuenca at an elevation of 10,500 feet above sea level.
We start our tour by visiting the Sanctuary of The Virgin of the Morning Dew. This church has a very distinctive Gothic architectural style blended into the mountain, dating back to the late 19th century. Next, we will visit an indigenous family where we’ll observe the weaving of Panama hats. This is one of the most authentic crafts of Southern Ecuador and has a prominent role in the economy of the area. We continue our tour with a ride through the enchanting highlands, enjoying the beautiful views along the way.
Upon arrival at Ingapirca, one of the most important Inca structures is waiting for us – an elliptical platform known as the “Sun’s Temple”. Next to this, you will be able to see courtyards, terraces, and various other ruins. In order to get a closer look at the local atmosphere, we will take a short hike to observe the Inca Face, a large stone-carved mountain. We will stop for lunch at a local restaurant in the area before our return to Cuenca.
- You can cancel up to 24 hours before your experience for a full refund.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of the experience, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Changes made less than 24 hours before the experience will be subject to availability.
- We reserve the right to cancel the tour if the weather conditions are not suitable. You will be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum of 2 travelers. If conditions are not met, we reserve the right to cancel and we will offer you an alternative date/experience or a full refund.
For 1 to 6 passengers, a bilingual guide will also be the driver.
Ingapirca Ruins are closed on Monday and Tuesday